Hello am Akinyemi of Climaxbox Digital Marketing Agency and i want to introduce you to Weird,Dulling Myths About Search Marketing you Should Probably Ignore.
- SEO IS DEAD : Oh Dead ? Its definitely not dead. There is a saying that CONTENT is the King ,Yes ! I will definitely agree with you that CONTENT is the King but not the only factor responsible for ranking.
Twenty years ago, in 1996, Bill Gates claimed,” Content is the King.” Content is ruling everywhere over Internet. But for ranking on Google there are still 200 Factors responsible for ranking . In SEO we experts work on the best Practice and we keep ourselves up to date in order to remain relevant in the Industry.
Sometimes you don’t even need to have too much gearing content ,but you might be ranked for the fact that your site as relevant contents and you also have what Google requires of your website to rank over your competitors .
I worked for two blogs one is a Health website ,before i practiced SEO they were not ranking despite they had the articles required to rank ,after SEO Current report for the last (21/06/2016) states that Total clicks 1,807,Total impressions 30,588,Avg. CTR 5.91%,Avg. position 17.2.
The other one also had good ranking and increase in CTR.
My point here is make sure you use the best Practice which will give you an edge over other bloggers using the same content with you .
As for non blog website (Company websites) . It’s more complex than just using only “Quality Content” SEO’s that believe in only contents won’t be able to rank in their own industry let alone ranking for clients because there are other Factors attributed to the Ranking (Best Practice) . And SEO is not dead but becoming more complex !
- Never get links from sites with a lower domain authority than your own
What? No, that is a frightful thought. Domain authority, just to be thoroughly clear, it’s a machine learning framework. It takes and looks a gander at all the measurements. It assembles the best relationship it can against Google’s rankings over a wide arrangement of keywords. Then it’s trying to represent, every other thing being equivalent and simply in view of raw link authority, how well would this site perform against different locales in Google’s rankings for a random keyword? That does not at all recommend whether it is a quality site that gives great editorial links, that Google is liable to count, that are going to give you extraordinary ranking capacity or that are going to send great traffic to you. None of those things are considered with domain authority.
My point is, you can even link to new websites that have just popped up online or sites that have very few links or local links,if that is okay by you. If they are high-quality sites that give out links editorially and they link to other good places, you shouldn’t mind if their DA is low. The saying that it will give no value or hurt your site, are totally wrong assumptions and Probably should be debunked.
- Never ask for a link directly or you risk penalties
This also should not be a problem ,Google may take action against people who engage in manipulative link practices. But in a case where you site got mentioned in a Blog or Press website without linking to your site , will it be wrong to request for a hyperlink to your site ? Absolutely not ! Just make sure you ask for a link when it’s necessary and when there is a match .
- Google Impose Penalty for Copied Content
Oh no ! I see this everywhere but it’s not the case, Google prefers original content. But it is doubtful to say that Google will penalize the copied content. If it is true, then 25-30 percent website with duplicated content will be banned. Several sites have the articles which have been published on other platforms, but are not penalized .
Here are some things that Google regard as spam and they can certainly get you penalized :
- Cloaking and/or sneaky redirects : Site that appears to be cloaking (displaying different content to human users than is shown to search engines) or redirecting users to a different page than Google saw.
- Hacked site : If pages on your site has been hacked by a third party to display spammy content or links. I will advice Website owners to take immediate action to clean their sites and fix any security vulnerabilities.
- Hidden text and/or keyword stuffing : Some of the pages may contain hidden text and/or keyword stuffing.
- Parked domains : Parked domains are placeholder sites with little unique content, so Google doesn’t typically include them in search results.
- Pure spam : Site appears to use aggressive spam techniques such as automatically generated gibberish, cloaking, scraping content from other websites, and/or repeated or egregious violations of Google’s Webmaster Guidelines.
- Spammy free hosts and dynamic DNS providers : Site is hosted by a free hosting service or dynamic DNS provider that has a significant fraction of spammy content.
- Thin content with little or no added value : Site appears to consist of low-quality or shallow pages which do not provide users with much added value (such as thin affiliate pages, doorway pages, cookie-cutter sites, automatically generated content, or copied content).
- Unnatural links from a site : Google detected a pattern of unnatural, artificial, deceptive or manipulative outbound links on this site. This may be the result of selling links that pass PageRank or participating in link schemes.
- Unnatural links to a site : Google has detected a pattern of unnatural artificial, deceptive or manipulative links pointing to the site. These may be the result of buying links that pass PageRank or participating in link schemes.
- User-generated spam : Site appears to contain spammy user-generated content. The problematic content may appear on forum pages, guestbook pages, or user profiles.
- SEO Provides Result Quickly : SEO is a long term strategy, so Rome can not be built in a day , it takes a lot of hard work to see result just make sure you use the best practice as prescribed in the Google webmaster guidelines in order for your site to be regarded relevant to users searching . In many cases it take 8 months for more for website in competitive industries to hit first page 1-10 . Do it yourself or Hire a SEO expert you can take a look at SEO Scams you need to check while hiring an SEO Company.
The info is just a break down of great reminder of the misconceptions that exist. Cheers !
If you don’t have a website yet you are missing a lot of sales. You might consider Why a Digital Marketing Agency Should Build Your Website?